Chapter of the Year Award
The IEEE Signal Processing Society Chapter of the Year Award (CoYA) will be presented annually to a Chapter that has provided their membership with the highest quality of programs, activities and services. The award will be presented annually in conjunction with the International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP) to the Chapter's representative. The award will consist of a certificate and a check in the amount of $1,000 to support local chapter activities. The winning Chapter will also be invited to publish an article in the IEEE Inside Signal Processing eNewsletter.
Nominations will be solicited from the Director-at-Large from each region and the local Signal Processing Chapter Chairs including, but not limited to, a call for nominations in the IEEE Inside Signal Processinf eNewsletter. Self nominations are also welcome from the local SP Chapter Chairs.
The nominated Chapters will be evaluated based on the following chapter activities, programs and services during the past year:
- Technical activities (e.g. technical meetings, workshops and conferences, tours with industry)
- Educational programs (e.g. courses, seminars, student workshops, tutorials, student activities)
- Membership development (e.g. programs to encourage students and engineers to join the society, growth in chapter’s membership, member advancement programs)
- Annual IEEE Chapter report submitted by the Chapter
Selection will be based on the nominator’s submission of the nomination form and the annual IEEE chapter report.
All IEEE Signal Processing Society local chapters established more than one year are eligible.
- Call for nominations emailed to local Chapter Chairs -- June annually
- Deadline for nominations -- 15 October
- CoYA Selection Committee to choose winner -- by 31 December
- Award presentation to winning Chapter -- ICASSP
The representative of the winning Chapter will receive a certificate and a check of $1,000. In the event that multiple chapters are selected, each winner shall still receive $1,000.
Nominations should be submitted to Theresa Argiropoulos (firstname.lastname@example.org), who will collect the nominations on behalf of John Treichler, Vice President-Awards and Membeship, no later than 15 October annually. View nomination form.