Apr 18, 2011
The IFS-TC has identified a number of interest areas broadly covering the technological fields falling the umbrella of the TC. The interest areas include both technological disciplines and application areas.
- Data hiding: steganography, steganalysis, watermarking;
- Multimedia security: robust hashing, DRM, multimedia forensics;
- Signal processing and cryptography: secure signal processing, multimedia encryption, privacy protection;
- Network security;
- Biometric security;
- Information theoretic aspects of security;
- Emerging applications and systems: including, for the time being, security issues in cloud computing, smart grids, social networks
Each IFS area of interest will be chaired by an Elected or Affiliate member of ITS-TC. The role of each area chair will be to coordinate the TC activity with particular reference to their assigned interest area. This is going to be particularly important for areas that are not properly covered by TC members, in which case the role of Chair will be (i) to liaise with the appropriate communities, (ii) to invite expert in the field to join the TC as affiliate members, and (iii) to identify a some key candidates that could be nominated for TC membership at the next election ballot.
Prof. Mauro Barni
Chair of the IFS-TC